SIA Proptech Advisory Board
Labeled as an “uber-networker” by the Washington Post and selected as one of The IFSEC Global influencers in security and fire in 2020, Lee Odess has nearly 20 years of experience starting, building and leading businesses. Lee previously served as the general manager of Latch, which acquired Lee’s consulting business, Group337. Group337 consulted for 40+ of the leading and emerging companies in and around the physical security. also developed content through The Inside and created industry analyst reports through security industry metrics. Prior to founding Group337, Lee served as vice president of strategic partnering for Allegion PLC. Lee formerly led teams at UniKey Technologies, Brivo Inc., Lutron Electronics and his own companies, Energy + Light + Control and Fresh Confections. Lee writes often on the industry and has presented at technology and security conferences around the world, including SXSW, Dreamforce, ISC West, GSX, Security Investor Conference and the International Builders Show.
Lee serves as the volunteer chair of SIA’s Proptech Advisory Board.
Join your peers for topic-focused roundtable discussions to discuss trends and share knowledge. Roundtables are open to all SNG attendees, speakers and sponsors. Note: All attendees will be able to select the topic table they wish to join. Luncheon tables will be available in rooms adjacent to the main stage room; grab a plate of food and then find a topic table to dine with other industry leaders sharing a similar interest.
The 6 discussion tables will be located in Central Park I & II, located next to the main event foyer area. (Additional lunch seating will be available in the following spaces on the event level: Hudson River Park, Madison Square Park and Union Square Park, and in the foyer itself.)
Discussion Topics for 2022:
- Workforce Hiring, Diversity and Young Professionals (hosted by Convergint’s Maria Castellanos)
- Cybersecurity (hosted by Beehive Technology Solution’s Patrick Simon)
- Proptech (hosted by Lee Odess)
- Finance/Investments/Economic Conditions (hosted by Houlihan Lokey’s Michael Morabito)
- Cloud/SaaS (hosted by Cloudastructure’s Rick Bentley)
- Systems Integration and Monitoring (hosted by PSA’s Matt Barnette)
Luncheon roundtable discussion hosts return to the SNG to share the single most important idea or takeaway from the audience discussions on key themes over lunch.
- Workforce Hiring, Diversity and Young Professionals (Convergint’s Maria Castellanos)
- Cybersecurity (Beehive Technology Solution’s Patrick Simon)
- Proptech (Latch’s Lee Odess)
- Finance/Investments/Economic Conditions (Houlihan Lokey’s Michael Morabito)
- Cloud/SaaS (Cloudastructure’s Rick Bentley)
- Systems Integration and Monitoring (PSA’s Matt Barnette)
Security as Proptech: Unlock New Value and Opportunities in the Digital Transformation of Real Estate
How can security solutions enhance the value of commercial real estate for property managers, owners and tenants? In our “Security as Proptech” session at SNG, leading experts in commercial real estate technology and the security of office environments will explore the interconnection between the tenant experience and security solutions and how these same security solutions help generate data to allow owners and managers the ability to study the efficient use of buildings. Presenters will also highlight new research from SIA into the proptech market for the United States.
Bonus: As part of SNG and as presented during this session, all attendees will receive SIA’s new Proptech Research Report that explores market and growth opportunities for security solutions companies.